1 cup of Matcha tea equals 20 cups of regular green tea.
Matcha gives 100% of the power of the leaf and 100% of the nutrients.
Contains 137 times the EGCG as compared to regular green tea.
4 times more effective in burning calories
1 shot of Matcha equals 20 times more antioxidants than a good quality green tea.
Contains high levels of Vitamin A, B, C, E, and K.
Boosts and improves mood.
Improves cognitive abilities.
Increases endurance by up to 6 hours.
Matcha is divided into three general grades.
❖ Ceremonial grade
❖ Standard grade
❖ Cooking grade
Matcha leaves are covered for 3 weeks before picking to increase chlorophyll levels.
The caffeine level of Matcha is the highest compared to any other tea.
How to make Matcha
What you need
● Hot Water (70 - 80°C)
● Chasen (Matcha Tea Whisk)
● Chawan (Matcha Tea Bowl)
● Chashaku (Bamboo Tea Scoop)
● Matcha Powder (1½ - 2 scoops ) (½ tsp.)
Pour hot water into the chawan to keep the chawan warm.
Matcha Tea Recipe
● Measure and take the matcha using the chashaku.
● Strain it into the chawan.
● Add just a little bit of hot water.
● Use the chasen to whisk the matcha and hot water.
● Add 1/4 cup of hot water to the matcha in the chawan.
● Whisk briskly back and forth until matcha dissolves.
● After a light foam has developed, take off the whisk and enjoy!